Physical Therapist Assistant
The role of a Physical Therapist Assistant will report to the owners of Arlington Physical Therapy and the assigned Physical Therapist. They assist in creating treatment programs, and performs physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, and maximize the potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery. This role requires the individual to be a team player, well-organized self-motivated, humble and patient-oriented.
- Implements proper plan of care according to treatment and goals established by the Physical Therapist
- Educates the patients and/or caregivers about findings of the evaluation, established goals, methods or treatment, and the patient’s potential
- Performs treatments according to the established plan, utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
- Instructs patients and/or family members in home programs, injury prevention, etc.
- Documents in the medial records according to established criteria
- Participates in rotations of work area, weekends, and weekday hours
- Re-evaluates patients, assesses their progress and makes recommendations as to their disposition
- Communicates with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, verbally and in writing
- Assists with departmental maintenance and supplies
- Actively participates in in-services, medical conferences, staff meeting, continuing education courses, rehab team, clinics, conferences and other meetings as needed or required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience with evaluation tools, orthotic materials, assistive devices, and therapeutic equipment typically used in the Physical Therapy Department
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, health professionals and co-workers
- Experience working with Theraoffice (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Therapy: 3+ year
Physical Therapy Assistant