The Physical Therapist evaluate patients, plans treatment programs, and performs physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, and maximize the potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery. This role requires the individual to be a team player, well-organized self-motivated, humble and patient-oriented.
- Evaluates and assesses patients
- Plans appropriate treatment, based upon the referral and evaluation, and establishes reasonable goals for the patient
- Educates the patients and/or caregivers about findings of the evaluation, established goals, methods or treatment, and the patient’s potential
- Performs treatments according to the established plan, utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
- Instructs patients and/or family members in home programs, injury prevention, etc.
- Documents in the medial records according to established criteria
- Participates in rotations of work area, weekends, and weekday hours
- Re-evaluates patients, assesses their progress and makes recommendations as to their disposition
- Communicates with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, verbally and in writing
- Assists with departmental maintenance and supplies
- Actively participates in in-services, medical conferences, staff meeting, continuing education courses, rehab team, clinics, conferences and other meetings as needed or required
- May lead or direct the activities of PTA’s, assistants, attendants, volunteers, aids and interns, ensuring that department policies and procedures are enforced and that quality patient care is provided
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy including supervised affiliations a required by the school
- Certification and Licensure/registration, or demonstrated eligibility is required
- Experience with evaluation tools, orthotic materials, assistive devices, and therapeutic equipment typically used in the Physical Therapy Department
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, health professionals and co-workers
- Experience working with WebPT system (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Therapy: 8+ years
Physical Therapy (Required)